Siem Reap - Sunset in Tonle Sap

by - 2:27 PM

Tonle Sap is a combined of lake and river system in Cambodia and the largest freshwater lake in South East Asia. Tonle Sap was designated as a UNESCO biosphere in 1997. Tonle Sap is also home to many ethnic Vietnamese who have emigrated to Cambodia over the past 50 - 100 years. This Vietnamese Floating Village on the Tonle Sap in Siem Reap has become one of the popular attractions with tourist touring the area on boats.

We decided to watch the sunset and took a package from Tara Boat Company. The fees inclusive of pick up from hotel to the jetty, small boat ride to the Floating Village before proceed to the big Tara Boat, dinner for 3, visit to crocodiles and snakes farm and transfer back to our hotel from the jetty. 

At the jetty
Happy kids!
Tonle Sap Floating Village. This picture is a bit blurry.
This is the school
I still can't believe there are people living in that houses
That boat is actually a market selling vegetables and other stuff
That's the Tara Boat, sunset will be viewed from there
Dinner was served before the sunset

I was a bit upset after our visit to Cambodia, Tonle Sap especially because I pitied the kids so much. But I learned many things from my experiences there. I learned to be more grateful, to value and appreciate what I have. I'm grateful that I had the chance to go to school and had proper meals everyday.  I pray hard, hoping for a better life, better tomorrow for them one day.

You May Also Like

4 comments